Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Design Refresh: "Sierra Mist" Lemon - Lime Soda


I have to say that the "7up" clear and light soda flavor has come a long way. For the past few years every time I have had to buy a clear lemon-lime soda I just didn't think twice and bought "Sierra Mist".  I wasn't sure if it was because of the sweeter taste or brand name, now I actually I think its both!
In the past few months or better say more than a year I have noticed that many brands are leaning towards a more simple package design. Whiter backgrounds, more sans serif typography, clear faces and more graphic icons are a trend now.
Incorporating this design cues the new "Sierra Mist" soda can refresh shows just that. Current package reflects better design choices with a clearer whiter background that reflects the actual transparent being of the product, soda bubbles and motion liquid that give a sizzling effervescent sensation, better lemon and lime images, and excelente use of typography playing with levels of hierarchy.
The completed design feels like a Hispanic person that immigrated to the US years ago now is totally acculturated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails