Sunday, August 08, 2010

Molecular Gastronomy

My mom is a foodie. She absolutely loves to eat out and try the latest and greatest restaurants in Lima, Peru. She is very fornuntate that she lives there and that also she has many excuses and friends to go and try the best of the yummiest if I can say it in some sort of way.  So it was no surprise that she mentioned "Molecular Gastronomy" and other foodie terms a long time ago. Something that I had no clue what it was until tonight when I watched "60 Minutes" and the report on Spanish Chef "Jose AndrĂ©s", owner of The Bazaar and Mini Bar.
Jose Andres shows Anderson Cooper how a mojito can come in a jelly looking shape or how a Clam Chowder can be a mix of the same ingredients just in different form. I guess this is part of Molecular Gastronomy, deconstructing food to some degree and then putting it all together just in different forms or textures.
What and interesting introduction to science and marvelous food! The story is worth watching it on this link. I am even going to watch it again, since I enjoyed it and learned such interesting things....and Yes! my mom has tried it of course, how she not?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails