Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Mujer" - you are a powerful role

When I came to live to the States a bit less than ten years ago now I left behind many great and important things like the closest members of my family but also I left a rich and sad street culture. I remember that at every red light a child would knock on my window to beg for money. The saddest and tender faces you would see. Those images still are fresh in my mind and still brake my heart. One has so much on this country that sometimes those live encounters are forgotten.

Recently in the last issue of Latina magazine there is a great article and pictures of mujeres de Oaxaca, Mexico where you see the role of mujeres trying to make ends meet to feed and cloth their families. Very powerful. A must see. (In the cover is Arlenis Sosa, fashion icon...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails