Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Package Design Trend Update - Going Simple

I have talked a lot about how Hispanics like simpler package designed products...
On Sunday when I went grocery shopping I noticed that a significant amount of products are being redesigned. This time going simple. A lot of white backgrounds, Helveticas, sharp clean crisp imagery and less noise where very evident. 

Why this trend? I am not sure, but I can assume that after a long period of time of too marketed products, less quality, more quantity, good enough design...too heavy in message, brands want to clean their face and show a more modern, less cluttered image. 

This comes in perfect time when Hispanics represent the biggest minority in the USA with a huge buying power and when the planet is going green. Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails